To help us provide the best possible service, we capture personal information about you but we respect and protect your privacy and do all we can to honour the trust you place in us by being transparent about what personal information we collect and how we use it, vowing to handle your data fairly and lawfully at all times.
This notice is to inform you about how we collect and protect any personal information you provide to us and how you can control what personal information we collect from you and what we do with it. It sets out how we intend to use your information, who we will share it with and what rights you have about use of your information.
This notice applies to all our activities under the above brands and however you provide personal information to us, whether you visit us online at any of our websites or visit our stores or contact us via social media or whether you telephone, email, write to or text us.
1. What personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following information about you:
– Your name, age/date of birth and gender;
– Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
– Purchases and orders made by you;
– Your social media handles;
– Your online browsing activities on any of our websites including what items you store in your shopping bag;
– Your password(s);
– Information about the device you use to browse our websites including the IP address and the device type;
– When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
– Your communication and marketing preferences;
– Your interests, preferences, feedback and competition and survey responses;
– Your location;
– Your correspondence and communications with us; and
– Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as Instagram, YouTube, Twitter or public Facebook page).
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Notice. Some personal data are collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our websites, or send an email to our Customer Services team. Other personal data are collected indirectly, for example, when you browse our websites or undertake online shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
We may anonymise and aggregate personal data for insight and research but this will not identify anyone.
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
2. How we use your data?
Watchess™ use your personal data:
– To provide goods and services to you;
– To make a tailored website available to you;
– To manage any account(s) you hold with us;
– To verify your identity;
– For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
-To contact you electronically about promotional offers, events, products and services which we think may interest you;
-For analysis, insight and market research purposes to better understand your needs and ensure we are giving you what you like;
-To administer competitions and identify and contact competition winners;
-To enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
-Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Watchess™ use your personal data for marketing purposes and may send you postal mail, texts and/or emails to update you on our latest offers and events. We aim to update you about products and services of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
In order to improve your shopping experience with us, when you visit any of our websites, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing websites of other companies. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to your browsing activity on our websites from your computer or other devices. These advertisements are provided by us via external market leading specialist providers using ‘cookies’ placed on your computer or other devices. You can remove or disable cookies at any time. We may collect data directly from you, as well as analysing your browsing and purchasing activity, both online and in store, and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allow us to ensure that we contact you with information on products, services, events and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use software and other technology (automated decision-making including profiling). We may do this to decide what marketing communications are suitable for you and this activity is based on our legitimate interests to develop and improve our products and services for you.
3. How we protect your data?
Watchess™ is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include:
– Encryption of data;
– Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
– Regular planning to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
– Daily penetration testing of systems;
– Security controls which protect the our IT systems infrastructure and our premises from external attack and unauthorised access; and
– Internal policies setting out our data security rules for our personnel.
– Regular training for our employees.
The CloudPayments processing center protects and processes your bank card data according to the PCI DSS 3.2 security standard. Information is transferred to the payment gateway using SSL encryption technology. Further transmission of information takes place via closed banking networks with the highest level of reliability. CloudPayments does not transfer your card details to us and other third parties. For additional authentication of the cardholder, the 3D Secure protocol is used.
In case you have questions about the perfect payment, you can contact the customer service of the payment service by email at [email protected].
7. How long we keep your data
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of information, and our Data Retention Policy sets out the length of time we will usually retain personal data and where these default periods might be changed.
In summary, various laws, accounting and regulatory requirements applicable to us require us to retain certain records for specific amounts of time. In relation to your personal data, we will hold this only for so long as we require that personal data for legal or regulatory reasons or for legitimate organisational purposes and we will not keep your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collect them.